Croatia’s Council Presidency is a pivotal opportunity for companies to engage with EU and member state decision makers, especially when it comes to closing legislative files of the Juncker Commission and giving visibility to files worth examining during the von der Leyen Commission.
The Croatian Presidency comes at the beginning of a new five-year EU institutional cycle following the May European elections: with new leaders of the European institutions – the new composition of the European Commission and the European Parliament and a new President of the European Council; with new policy topics and policy proposals in line with the strategic framework for the period 2019-2024, with the conclusion of the negotiations on a new seven-year European budget for the period 2021-2027, the completion of which will be an important task of the Croatian Presidency and the expected finalization of Brexit.
In these dynamic times for Europe, #EU2020HR represents a pivotal chance for you to act while it matters. Having a presence at select informal and formal meetings during the Croatian presidency will enable your company to position itself for the long run. Now is the time to push for your presence and visibility at select meetings or organize a private event on the side-lines.
In terms of the agenda and priorities, Croatian Prime Minister Andrej Plenkovic recently presented the following focus areas, which we highlight below*:
- The adoption of the Multiannual Financial Framework
- Full implementation of the European Pillar of Social Rights
- Strong engagement to stop negative demographic trends
- Strengthening freedom, security and justice
- Protecting the environment and combating climate change
- Adapting the labour market to jobs of the future through education and innovation
- Bringing the Union closer to citizens, and especially young people
- Encouraging business digitalization, investment in innovation and research
- Deepening the single market
- Developing an economy that is environmentally sustainable – the transition to a low carbon and circular economy
- Further development of transport, energy and digital infrastructure and connectivity
- Financing the further construction of the infrastructure network
- Improving trans-European transport networks
- Establishing a functional digital single markets and reducing the digital gap
- Secure transition conditions to 5G
- Creating an integrated energy market
- Closer government cooperation in the fight against organized crime, money laundering and the financing of terrorism
- A return to the effective functioning of the Schengen area
- Becoming more resilient to growing hybrid threats
- Fight against unfair competition
- Strengthening our overseas relations
*The final program will be announced in December
With our team, comprised of former MPs, MEPs, as well as high level civil servants and PA experts, we can be your eyes and ears on the ground. Let EuroNavigator be your reliable bridge between Brussels and Zagreb and be the added value to your agenda.
For more information on the Croatian presidency and potential cooperation feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call as on +385 1 7100 021