The Workshop on EU Programmes, Advocacy and Lobby was delivered by Euronavigator in lieu of USAID funded project titled: “Partnership for better regulations” on August 31-Sep 1, 2018 in Skopje, Macedonia.This was a two-day Workshop, which target beneficiaries were representatives of various Chambers of Commerce of the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia. The intent of the Workshop was to provide an indebt and operational insight to current and upcoming EU programmes and funding, how to write successful project proposals and what are the operational set up and tools to be used, how to successfully lobby in front of national and EU authorities and to be credible and visible.
In lieu of the endorsed Strategy for the Western Balkans on behalf of the European Commission on the 6th February 2018 as well as the recently announced potential for opening of EU accession negotiations with the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia it is essential to be more familiar with the EU structural and operational framework to be more successful in utilization of EU funding and programmes.
Moreover, policy making and strategic positioning in front of the key decision makers is an important tool that assures that the relevant programmes, decisions and budgets are attuned to the one’s interest.
As a result of attending this Workshop the participants have acquired knowledge about:
- Strategy for the Western Balkans, its framework, activities and focus;
- EU programmes and funding for period 2018-2020;
- HORIZON EUROPE programme and its novelties and how to prepare for it;
- Operational and structural tools as an important pre-condition for successful preparation of proposals;
- Tips and tricks for successful proposal writing and how to build capacities for the same;
- Strategic positioning, advocacy and lobby at the national and EU/international level;
- Strategic objectives, actions needed and operational set-ups to adopt and implement similar actions.